Thanks to the passage of Measure GG as a result of the November 2016 election, the budget has increased for more ranger patrols to protect local open space and improve local fire prevention services in our hillside area.
The Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority (MRCA) is the only public agency responsible for acquiring, maintaining, and protecting local space, and wildlife corridors within the Santa Monica Mountains.
MRCA’s Deputy Executive Officer Walt Young spoke before the Bel-Air/Beverly Crest Neighborhood Council to give an update on the improved services as a result of the new budgetary funding, including:
• Improved fire prevention services in the hills and canyons and at scenic overlooks along Mulholland Drive;
• Establish new hire fire alert patrols and improve dry brush clearing, including removal of drought-stricken trees;
• Increase Park Ranger Patrol seven days a week along the Mulholland Corridor;
• Protect and enhance wildlife corridors to ensure wildlife can survive; and
• Acquire open space to prevent development, more traffic, and loss of scenic views.
For more information not he MRCA, click here to be connected to their website.
MRCA’S Ranger Service telephone number is (310) 456-7049.