In Custody-Arrests of Interest
A suspect was arrested in connection to a series of Burglary Theft from Motor Vehicles and Residential Burglaries of Single Family Dwellings in the West Los Angeles and Beverly Hills communities.
The suspect targeted the Bel Air Beverly Crest and Westwood Hills communities in the West Los Angeles Area as well as locations in the city of Beverly Hills.
The Male suspect who is a parolee would target property and valuables left in unlocked vehicles and would peer into victim's homes through front door glass during the overnight hours in search of visible valuables while residents were sleeping. If valuables were visible in plain view the suspect would then "smash and grab" through the window glass retrieving the property and then fleeing on a bicycle.
In addition, two additional suspects who were also on parole/probation were apprehended in connection to similar crimes as well as two Grand Theft Autos that occurred in the Westwood Hills community.
For further information contact Senior Lead Officer Ragsdale at (310) 444-0741 or email at email@example.com.
Many of these crimes are preventable!
Immediate Detection! Is key to prevention and apprehension.
• SURVEILLANCE/SECURITY CAMERAS: Web based surveillance and doorbell camera systems will alert and allow homeowners to immediately view and monitor activity from any smartphone or computer which are motion sensor activated and will alert your device when there is activity.They will also lend valuable information and clues to the investigation.
• ALARMS: Ensure that security alarms are in good working order and set when not at home whether leaving for 10 minutes or 10 hours. Accessible upstairs doors & windows should have alarm sensors and upstairs rooms should have motion sensors to include the master bedroom.
• ALARM RESPONSE: Consider a private patrol alarm response to enhance your current alarm and security system. In many cases private patrols are already contracted in many neighborhoods or associations.
• MOTION SENSOR LIGHTING: Install motion sensor lighting around your home to illuminate normally dark areas around the home. This will also alert residents to outside activity around the home when motion lights are activated.
• GATES: Ensure that all gates and access points to the side or rear of the residence are locked and secured.
• DOOR AND WINDOW LOCKS: Ensure that all doors and windows are locked and secured with sturdy secured locks and that there are second locking mechanisms securing all doors and windows as a second line of defense.
• MAKE IT LOOK LIKE YOU'RE HOME…Even when you're not.
• NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH: Monitor suspicious activities in your neighborhood and alert your neighbors. Should the activity escalate to a crime about to occur, crime in progress or crime that just occurred, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY!
• SECURITY PATROLS: Consider after hours on site security at construction sites or major remodel projects. Many neighborhoods contract with private security patrols which monitor neighborhoods and can quickly respond to burglar alarm activations or reports of suspicious activity when they occur.
LOCK IT • HIDE IT • KEEP IT!
You may access crime mapping at www.crimemapping.com to review recent crimes in your area. Sign up to receive alerts when crime is reported in your neighborhood.E-Policing: http://www.lapdonline.org/e_policing