LADWP has informed the BAA that the Bel-Air Power Upgrade will be in two phases: Phase 1 is the Sunset Boulevard work that will begin in the latter part of June (after UCLA Commencements) and should finish up by May 2020. Phase 2, where several Bel-Air streets will be impacted will commence in 2020. LADWP will provide further information on Phase II at a later date.
The BAA will forward updates to the community once they are available by LADWP.
· PHASE I construction will begin after the current term ends at UCLA. LADWP will meet with UCLA to finalize the schedule.
· There will NOT be a full street closure of Sunset Blvd. Two traffic lanes be closed for construction -- primarily the 2 middle lanes, one going east and one going west. All other lanes will be open for traffic.
· LADWP will work Monday – Friday starting at 9:00am and ending at 3:30 PM, as well as work on Saturdays from 8:00AM to 6:00 PM. On Saturdays, work crews may show up at the site as early at 6:00 AM but actual construction work will not begin until 8:00 AM. Crews will NOT be working during rush hour/heavy commuting times.
· Installation of electrical vaults will take place on Saturdays only. This type of construction will not take place on a weekday.
· PHASE 1 of construction will be in three sections on Sunset – see map in red. The Sunset portions will be completed by May 2020.
· PHASE II construction that impacts the side streets will commence in 2020 after Sunset work is completed. Information on PHASE II, will be forthcoming.·