After enduring and endless parade of drunken party goers, dangerously clogged streets, damaged property, and blasting music until the early mornings, a lawsuit was filed against long-time party house at 779 Stradella Road last week. This morning at the Santa Monica Court House, the property owner and his assistant, both named in the lawsuit, accepted a Stipulations Agreement that incorporated stipulations laid-out in the Temporary Restraining Order Motion.
Among those were restrictions on amplified music from 4:30PM-9AM, prohibiting the owner or guests from using the street frontage for parking or loading/unloading, and stopping all advertising and promoting of the Stradella property as a party venue or offering to rent it for such purposes.
Plaintiffs brought forward a Motion for a temporary restraining order, seeking a prohibition on the 779 Stradella defendants engaging in seven (7) specified activities (playing loud music, parking on Stradella, littering, advertising the property as a party house, etc.), and upon reviewing the moving papers, the defendants stipulated to the requested relief.
Although not technically a court order, it is a stipulated agreement that was filed with the Court.. The full list of items in the agreement are:
- Will not permit any amplified sound (whether music or otherwise) at the property located at 779 Stradella Road, Los Angeles, California (the “Stradella Property”) (a) at any time between the hours of 4:30 p.m. until 9:00 a.m. of the following day; (b) with a Noise Level (dBA) that exceeds 55 decibels at any other time; or (c) that is audible at any distance in excess of 200 feet from the equipment at the Stradella Property from which the noise emanates.
- Will not use or rent the Stradella Property in violation of any applicable codes, laws, or ordinances.
- Will not use or rent the Stradella Property in violation of any applicable zoning laws or regulations or without any necessary licenses or permits.
- Will not allow residents or guests at the Stradella Property (or people transporting residents or guests to or from the Stradella Property) to park in no-parking areas while at or while arriving at or departing from the Stradella Property.
- Will not allow residents or guests at the Stradella Property to throw anything that is lit, burning, or on fire (including but not limited to cigarettes or cigarette butts) in or near brush, shrubs, or anything else that is combustible that immediate vicinity of the Stradella Property while at or while arriving at or departing from the Stradella Property.
- Will not Allow residents or guests at the Stradella Property to litter in the immediate vicinity of the Stradella Property while at or while arriving at or departing from the Stradella Property.
- Will not Advertise or promote the Stradella Property as a party house, and form offering to rent it for such purposes.
The Judge warned the owner and his assistant that any violation of these conditions would likely end with them swiftly back in his courtroom, receiving an unwanted decree.