The Bel-Air Association wants to remind residents that on Tuesday, June 18, 2019, at 9:00 AM, major road construction will commence to upgrade Bel-Air’s electrical power capacity.
LADWP is planning construction to add more circuits that will increase electric capacity in the greater Bel Air area. This is a much-needed upgrade that will improve reliability in the Bel-Air, Beverly Crest, Westwood, and Holmby Hills neighborhoods.
Construction on Sunset Blvd will begin Tuesday, June 18, 2019, at 9:00 AM.
A few reminders:
· Construction hours are Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM, and Saturday 8:00 AM through 6:00 PM.
· You can expect to see crews working primarily in the middle two lanes on Sunset Blvd.
· During construction, at least one lane will be open in each direction to maintain both eastbound and westbound traffic flow.
· At the end of each work day, all lanes will be reopened to traffic.
· Crews will be working simultaneously at the following locations:
(1) Sunset between the 405 Freeway and Bellagio Rd. Crews will begin work near the 405, working about 500 feet at a time and progressing eastward toward Bellagio Rd.
(2) Sunset between S. Beverly Glen Blvd. and Carolwood Dr.
Information on projects are linked below and on the BAA website.
JUNE 18, 2019: LADWP Bel-Air Power Upgrade Project commences — 9:00 AM — project expected to be completed by Summer 2020.
JUNE 17-25, 2019: METRO’s Purple Line Section 3 - Subsurface Investigation project at Warner Ave and Wellworth Ave — 7 AM to 6 PM
JUNE 17-19, 2019 with 21 additional sections JUNE - AUGUST: METRO’s Subsurface Investigation Work on Wilshire - commences — 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM. Note: There will be 21 additional subsurface investigations in the area from June through August.